lout-users

Re: lout 3.21 core dumps when requesting PDF output

From: Jeffrey Howard Kingston
Subject: Re: lout 3.21 core dumps when requesting PDF output
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:45:54 +0100

Here's a quick fix for this problem.  In file z24.c around line 979
you will see this:

/* KernLength(word_font(x), unacc, *(p-1), *p, ksize); */
KernLength(font_num(finfo[word_font(x)].original_font),
  unacc, *(p-1), *p, ksize);

What you need to do is uncomment the first and comment out the
second, producing this:

KernLength(word_font(x), unacc, *(p-1), *p, ksize);
/* KernLength(font_num(finfo[word_font(x)].original_font),
      unacc, *(p-1), *p, ksize); */

My best guess at the moment is that this is an old bug that was
fixed in a wrong way, and that this wrong way broke when I
reorganized the font module recently, which I did incidentally to
adding the building of composite characters.  Please let me know of
further problems, but only if you have made this fix first.  Just now,
this fix converted a crashing file into a non-crashing one for me, and
I have also just tested the fix on a relatively large document, the one
in doc/design, with no crashes.

Jeff Kingston