lout-users

Preface in Contents Error

From: slomium
Subject: Preface in Contents Error
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:00:01 +0000

Hi,

I'm using lout version 3.23.  When using the book format,
I cannot get the preface to appear in the contents.
Below are the default settings for the preface.

# @PrefaceAfterContents  { No } # Yes or No
# @PrefaceWord        {preface} # word for "Preface"
# @PrefaceInContents  { Yes } # add preface to contents
# @PrefacePrefix      {     } # for structured page nums

When these settings are left as-is, the preface is not
listed in the table of contents.

I then changed the settings to the following.

@PrefaceAfterContents { No  } # Yes or No
# @PrefaceWord      {preface} # word for "Preface"
@PrefaceInContents  { Yes   } # add preface to contents
# @PrefacePrefix    {       } # for structured page nums

I still don't get my preface listed in the contents.  I
do get the following error message.

7,1: no @ContentsPlace precedes this
@ContentsPlace&&preceding

Can someone please explain how to fix this.  I've
included a very simple sample document below.

Thanks,

Dave

@SysInclude{tbl}
@SysInclude{book}