lout-users

Re: Repeatedly including an EPS file

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Repeatedly including an EPS file
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:22:47 +0300

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:47:17 -0800, Efraim Yawitz wrote:

> > Another approach is to define the logo as a procedure, download it
> > once to the printer, and include a stub EPS calling that procedure in
>
> I tried to just put all the PS code in the EPS file in a {}bind def,
> put that in as a @PrependGraphic from lout, and then make a stub EPS
> calling the procedure I defined, but Ghostscript just hung.

That's the point.  You can't just enclose EPS in braces and make it
into procedure (I believe the tech note says exactly this in first
paragraphs)

I believe Michael was giving other possible ways to deal with repeated
graphic - that is, when you have control over the format that graphics
coms in.  But in the real world what you have is often just an EPS
generated few yars ago and used corporate-wide (that's why I used SU
Crest as an example) and in this case forms and that tech note come to
rescue.

SY, Uwe