lout-users

how to add a font

From: Dan Wamba
Subject: how to add a font
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:06:14 +0400 (MSD)

Hi & sorry,

...I am not able to use a new font with Lout. I have
downloaded a freeware PS 1 font which included

  *.pfm
  *.afm
  *.pfb (one file each)

files.

(A) I have copied *.afm to "font" lout directory
and appended a @FontDef to fontdefs.ld.

(B) copied *.pfb to other ghostscript *.pfb files so
that gs could (?) find it.

(C) I did not know what to do with *.pfm

(D) I have tried to use the font in a Lout document.
All went smooth *but* the stuff (sent through GS to a
non-ps printer) is set in Courier with strange metrics
(definitely right metrics for my new font).

Obviously this question is rather about GS than Lout
(sorry for that). What did I do wrong???

Thanks a lot in advance
Daniel