lout-users

Re: Contents Entry Format

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Contents Entry Format
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:16:24 +1000

Easy if you know how much space you want to leave:

    @ContentsFormat { {1.5c @Wide number.} @NoDotSep title }

The inner braces may not be required, but they make the grouping
quite clear.  If you wanted Lout to work out how much space to
leave based on the maximum width of all the numbers, you're basically
trying to make a table, and the table of contents code was not set
up in that way at all, so you'd have to rewrite the lot and it would
be very hard to do.

I may have misremembered the name of the @NoDotSep symbol; it will
be documented in the table of contents section of the User's Guide.

Jeff