lout-users

Re: Index problems

From: webmaster
Subject: Re: Index problems
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:44:43 +0200

Hello Uwe,
I gave it another try.
Now one after another, I changed the setup file from 'book' to my
setup file.
I changed the value of
@IndexWord to { Index_Main }
@IndexAWord to { Index_A }
@MakeIndexA to { yes.}

I got the following:
For the indexA which comes first, you
get a headline 'Index_A' with the list of indices starting on the same
page.
After that I got a seperate page with one line 'index' and
on the next page another headline 'Index_Main' together with the

In between:
Is that behavior really wanted?
To my opinion then there should be a
possibility for a seperate page for indexA also
or for ommitting the seperate 'index'-Page.

Now futher on:

The overall font size was {Times Base 12p}.
- I changed this to {AGaramond Regular  12p}.
  Nothing unusual.

- I changed the @InitialBreak from {{adjust 1.2fx hyphen} to
  {lines 1.0fx hyphen} (because I wanted the lines in the index to be
narrower and because of the bug in indexA I had to change this
everywhere - with seperate  linespacing 1.4fx for the poems)
  Nothing unusual.

- because I wanted the fontsize of the Indices smaller than on the
other pages,  I changed @IndexFont and @IndexAFont from {  } to
{AGaramond Regular  10p}.

  I got headline 'Index_A' with the list of indices starting on the
same page  with a linespacing of 1.0fx.
!! Now a first bug (?) !!
  There were three pages of indices for indexA. Now the headline
'index',  which stood alone on one page before, had changed to the
3. page as a headline !!!
  The next page was seperate again but now with one line
'Index_Main'   and on the following page started the list of indices
for Index, but with a linespacing of 1.4fx (!!?)

  Any idea?

  There must be something wrong with the index and indexA
referring to the seperate 'index'-page, no seperate 'indexA'-page
and to fontsize and linespacing !

 greetings, george