lout-users

Re: About Galleys and chapter letters

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: About Galleys and chapter letters
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:33:10 +0400

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 13:58:53 +0200, RaЗl NЗЯez de Arenas Coronado wrote:

> But the problem is when this object is so high that it occupies an
> undefined number of lines, depending of the current font size. I
> think that this needs galleys

I posted my old example for flowing text at my essays page:

    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/essays.html

    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/1251.flowing.txt
    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/1252.flowing-not.txt

>         @ParaLine //1vo
>         @ParaLine |0.5rt {x} | @ParaLine
>         @ParaPlace y
[...]
> big object (centered) and other list.  This way, I get lines at both
> sides of the bigobject.

I don't remember how Lout searches for the targets, but my feeling is
that it won't consider right @ParaLine until the left one is filled.

SY, Uwe