lout-users

AFM files

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: AFM files
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:34:21 +0200

    Hello Michael :)

>>     The text appears right, so the metrics should be the same. The
>> problem is that I don't have metrics for the euro symbol. And I'm
>> running out of time ;))) In six months I won't have peseta but euro in
>> my pocket ;)))
>Me too, but I'll just use EUR instead of the silly logo.

    I don't like the symbol, but I need it :(( Anyway I think that a
simple 'E' would have done the job, instead of creating a new glyph.
Rounding has been a nightmare enough to add the glyph problem too.

>Anyway, for this task I'd try the "prfont.ps" program that comes
>with Ghostscript.  It prints all the glyphs and their metrics of a
>font;

    Hey, thanks, I'll try.

>>     How? I would like to extract the metrics from a TT I have made
>> with the handwriting of Enya :)))
>Have a look at ttf2afm at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/type/>.

    Thanks for this too :)). I'll abuse and make a last question:
once I have the AFM file from the TT font, how do I make Lout and my
printer to use this new font?. Lout only needs the AFM file, but how
abount the printer?

    Thanks a lot, Michael :)
    Raúl