lout-users

AFM files

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: AFM files
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:35:47 +0200

    Hi Michael :)

>> Lout only needs the AFM file, but how
>> abount the printer?
[..]
>1. Put the AFM file in a good place, say /usr/lib/fonts/metrics.
[...]

    Ok, I knew this.

>3. Create the appropriate records for you fonts in myfonts.ld, e.g.:

    Oops. Surely I knew this too, but I forgot completely O:)

>For the printer, if it is new enough, the font needs only be packaged
>as Type 42 font (avoid conversion to Type 1 if possible).

    What's the bad point in converting to Type 1? And , what's that
42 type? I only know about Type 1 fonts. Obviously I'm obsolete ;))

>Download the Type 42 font to the printer as desired ;-) (The simplest
>method is to simply prepend it to the document, e.g.:
>  cat MinyaNouvelle loutdoc.ps | lp

    So simple! I didn't think about this. I supposed that the method
was more complicated. Thanks a lot :))

    Raúl