lout-users

AFM files

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: AFM files
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:52:36 +0200

    Hello Michael :)

>If text from Lout is properly adjusted, this would confirm the
>assumption, and in my opinion, you would be finished.

    The text appears right, so the metrics should be the same. The
problem is that I don't have metrics for the euro symbol. And I'm
running out of time ;))) In six months I won't have peseta but euro in
my pocket ;)))

>>     I don't like TrueType fonts, and I have Type 1 fonts already, so
>> I don't need them neither.
>I mentioned the printer disks, because normally printers are shipped
>with a set of "screen fonts" matching the built-in fonts.

    That's the case with 4 additional fonts that my printer has.

>Furthermore,
>TrueType fonts contain the font metrics, including kerning, etc.
>These metrics can also be extracted into an AFM file.

    How? I would like to extract the metrics from a TT I have made
with the handwriting of Enya :)))

    Thanks for your help :)
    Raúl