lout-users

AFM files

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: AFM files
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:38:02 +0200

    Hello Michael :)

>>     I have searched the adobe site (no thouroughly...) for them and I
>> haven't found anyone :??
>The Adobe FTP server has the AFM files for Adobe's fonts, but they're
>a bit hard to find (see a recent posting of mine on comp.lang.postscript).

    I'll give a try :(

>However, even if your printer has an Adobe interpreter, the fonts
>may come from a different source and/or may be customized.

    I've considered extracting the AFM from my printer directly.

>The printer *should* also ship with diskettes or a CD-ROM containing
>the AFM files.

    Since I use Linux I usually employ the shipped CD as decoration
(normally these CD's only contain the windoze drivers). Anyway I'm
pretty sure that the printer didn't come with AFM files. It's a
Lexmark E312L (supposed to not have PS interpreter, but...)

    I'll try to extract the AFM files.

    Raúl