lout-users

The Lout Ferrari

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: The Lout Ferrari
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:31:01 +0200

    Hello Graham :))

>Yes, with Lout I feel like I've just been
>given a Ferrari but without the keys...

    That the same feeling I have...

>The Expert's Guide is interesting but like you
>I find it hard to use as a way to *really*
>get to grips with Lout programming.

    I don't understand some points and that's driving me crazy. I'm
trying to do my own 'def' but it's difficult to understand the one's
shipped with Lout even with the Expert's Guide.

    Anyway I think that Lout is the better document preparation
system I've ever used... I've used TeX and even things as DocBook,
SGML, etc... but there's no comparison possible. IMHO, Lout is far
better than TeX, although TeX is a good program, too.

    The list comes at hand when I have doubts, but most of the time I
don't feel good polluting the list with my surely strange and stupid
doubts. I feel like eating Uwe's time XD

    Raúl