lout-users

RE: lout->ps->gs2pdf->pdf font problem

From: ahoward
Subject: RE: lout->ps->gs2pdf->pdf font problem
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:56:14 -0400

Well,

Now I'm back to it being related to the font.  Take this:

@SysInclude {tbl}
@SysInclude {doc}
@Document
@InitialFont {Trebuchet Base 10p}
//
@Text @Begin
@Tbl
  aformat address@hidden strut {1i} height {1i} indentvertical {foot} width
{7.5i} indent {.5i} font {18p} @B A}
  bformat address@hidden width {7.5i} indent {.5i} A}
{
 @FirstRowb
  A {14p @Font {SOME HEADING}}
 @Rowb
  A {read this}
 @Rowb
  A address@hidden {This text is bold.}}
 @Rowa
  A {YOU SHOULD HANG ONTO THIS DOCUMENT}
 @Rowb
  A {You may need it for something later.}
 @Rowb
  A {Like for jotting down a note to your significant other on the
back.}
 @Rowb
  A {Or to start a fire if you're freezing to death.}
}
@End @Text

If I run that through lout, the ps2pdf, every bit of the text in the PDF

printout is clipped.

BUT, if I change only one thing,

from: @InitialFont {Trebuchet Base 10p}
  to: @InitialFont {Times Base 10p}

and run it, all the text prints fine from the Acrobat.

So, now some questions: is it possible that the conversion of the TTF to
Adobe
Type 1 font is bad?  I don't see how it could be because the PS file
looks
and prints fine from GSView.  Since ghostscript supports TrueType fonts,
should
I just put the TTF files in place, and kill the .pfa & .afm files?  If I
do,
where do I put the TTF files?  Do I put an entry in Fontmap.GS?

I know this isn't all particular to lout, but I appreciate anyone's
help...

-Aaron