lout-users

Re: various problems reported by David Kuehling

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: various problems reported by David Kuehling
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:23:39 +1000

On 15 Jul 2004 17:26:35 +0200, David Kuehling wrote:

  > The galley flushing algorithm makes my head hurt.  So I suppose this is
  > because the box' content was included in a @VExpand, thus there was no
  > more space for inserting something into the display's galley?  Anyway
  > around that, ie. having a box of fixed (outer) height and still being
  > able to insert something into the free space, using galleys?

I'm not quite sure what you are aiming for here, but you can certainly
do that last bit right now, for example:

  @DP 10c @High {
  @CentredDisplay { ... }
  }
  @DP

includes a galley (the content of the display) targeted to something of
fixed height.  If it turns out that the galley does not fit in the height
available, the remainder will be split off and will go looking for some
other place to attach to.  Since there is no such place it will be lost.

Jeff Kingston