lout-users

Re: Filename of file being processed from within Lout

From: Tristan Williams
Subject: Re: Filename of file being processed from within Lout
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:20:48 -0000 (GMT)

> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:35:17 +0000, Tristan Williams wrote:
>   >
>   > Hi,
>   >
>   > Is there any way from Lout of getting the filename of the file being
>   > processed?
>   >
>   > So I could print it say as a reference?
>   >
>   > Kind regards,
>   >
>   > Tristan Williams
>
> Not at present.  It could be added fairly easily as a predefined
> symbol, something like @FileNameHere.  Tell us more about your
> application, so I can see if there are any gotchas.
>
> Jeff

My interest is born of a personal laziness.

Firstly, I name all of my (lout) source files sequentially. When I am
looking at a hard copy I sometime can´t remember which file is the source
file. Being able to automatically print out the source file on the front
cover/page/footer would make things easier for me.

Secondly, I often send the resulting ps or pdf file for review. By having
access to say @FileNameHere I can place this on the front sheet of the
document automatically. The reviewer can then easily reference my source
file and then perhaps I might persaude them to make some of the edits
themselves.

Kind regards and thanks,

Tristan