lout-users

Re: Multicolumn bullets

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Multicolumn bullets
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:37:53 +1100

> ... and then let lout automatically wrap the list items, after a
> certain height, onto a second or third column?

If you mean after a given fixed height, Lout can do this in principle,
but there is no symbol packaged up to give it to you conveniently.
If you mean after the right height to ensure that the three columns
have approximately equal height, then Lout cannot do this; and for
this reason you won't get anywhere using multi-column pages.

I think your best bet is to find an expert user of Lout (me for
instance) and pester them into defining a symbol which produces
a multi-column list of a given fixed height.  It could be a bit
tricky in the details, might end up being a few hours' work.

Jeff Kingston