lout-users

Re: Support for PostScript %%For, %%Title?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Support for PostScript %%For, %%Title?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:50:37 +1100

> Can you please add support for PostScript tags (?) %%For
> and %%Title?

I'll look into this.  There may be technical problems, owing
to the fact that these tags appear very early in the PostScript
output.  Also, I can't see a %%Keywords comment anywhere in
the PostScript book.

If you already have a @Graphic symbol that does what you want,
but you are adding it to the start of every document, you can
make things less nasty by putting it into a definition and
invoking that definition.  If you are using a package, such as
@Report or @Book, which already has @Title and @Author options,
then by prefixing your definition with

    extend @ReportSetup @Report

or

    extend @BookSetup @Book

you can gain access to these @Author and @Title options within
your definition.

Ludovic, if I added this feature, would it disrupt what you are
already doing?

Jeff