lout-users

Re: Spell checking a Lout document?

From: Wolfram Kahl
Subject: Re: Spell checking a Lout document?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:48:49 -0400

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 02:30:39AM -0700, Daren Scot Wilson wrote:
> I have just finished writing my great 15,000 page magnum opus, full of
> genius math, tables, and so on, entirely in Lout.  Hundreds of *.lt
> files @Included in a main Lout file.  Now, before I vanity publish it
> and try to sell a copy to Mom, I wonder if I've made any silly little typos.
>
> What are practical ways to spell-check these .lt files?   Obviously an
> ordinary everyday spell checker will barf on all the @Something Lout
> keywords and maybe trip over the punctuation marks, although most of
> this source text is just regular text which could go through a spell
> checker fine.

I always use spellchecking in emacs (originally ispell, now aspell?)
for this --- you ``a''ccept the first occurrence of @Something,
and then it doesn't bother you again about it.
I never felt this to be much worse than checking LaTeX (with lots of
custom commands...)

For math symbols without @ this can be more dangerous,
since they might occur as spelling mistakes outside of math,
so make a judgement before ``a''ccepting those.

For a multi-file run, it will be better to ``i''include the first
occurrence of @Something in your personal dictionary,
so it is still there for the next file.
(And then move that dictionary file away before you start checking stuff
 that emacs/spell understand better.)

Wolfram