lout-users

Guillemets and Slovenian

From: Matej Nanut
Subject: Guillemets and Slovenian
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 02:51:13 +0200

Hello everyone,

I've just discovered Lout yesterday and will probably switch over from
{Xe,Lua,La,...}TeX, mainly for the organised documentation, the
interesting programming approach and for it being a lot more modern.

However I have hit an issue: if I set @InitialFont to SchoolbookCE (or
<anything>CE), I can't use ©Char guillemotright (or left) due to it
being unknown in the font. I have "fixed" this issue temporarily by
using "def ">>" { { Schoolbook Base } @Font @Char guillemotright{} }",
but if I change my mind about @InitialFont, I will have to correct
these definitions as well.

Is there a better way?

On a side note, what is the preferred way to write an ellipsis (...) in Lout?

Thanks for your time,
Matej.