lout-users

Re: LaTeX "stretch" equivalent

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: LaTeX "stretch" equivalent
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 09:25:11 +1000

Matej,

  @SysInclude { doc }
  @Doc @Text @Begin
  20c @Wide @LocalWidthRule |1c Some Text |1c
  20c @Wide @LocalWidthRule
  @End @Text

works for me.  When there is too much width, Lout silently
shrinks the width assigned to the columns, by shrinking
the wider columns equally.  So in the example above it
leaves Some Text alone and shrinks the rules equally.

If you happened to want the text part to be wider than the
rules parts, it would get harder.  Let me know if so and
I will give some thought to it.

Jeff