LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses

From: Eric Buddington
Subject: LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

Compilation as linux-ncurses failed on my (Slackware) linux machine. Thus
reads the compiler error:

gcc -O -DUNIX -DLINUX -DNCURSES  -DFANCY_CURSES -DNO_KEYPAD -DNO_TTYTYPE
-I/usr/include/ncurses -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT
-DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT   -I..
-c LYClean.c -o LYClean.o
In file included from LYClean.c:3:
LYCurses.h:37: ncurses/curses.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [LYClean.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/ebuddington/devel/lynx2-6/src'
make: *** [linux-ncurses] Error 2

My machine has only <curses.h> and <bsd/curses.h>. However,
<curses.h> is in fact for ncurses 1.9.9e, according to itself.

Changing the #include name to <curses.h> resulted in a successful compile
and a working binary.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether this is a Lynx config problem or a
Slackware config problem.

Thanks for all your work.

-Eric
address@hidden