Re: LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 22:55:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Eric Buddington wrote:

> Compilation as linux-ncurses failed on my (Slackware) linux machine. Thus
> reads the compiler error:
> My machine has only <curses.h> and <bsd/curses.h>. However,
> <curses.h> is in fact for ncurses 1.9.9e, according to itself.
>
> Changing the #include name to <curses.h> resulted in a successful compile
> and a working binary.
>
> I'll leave it to you to decide whether this is a Lynx config problem or a
> Slackware config problem.

This came up recently, and you found one way to solve it.  Probably the
better way to solve it (if you intend to be compiling Lynx frequently was
the one mentioned which basically was (if I remember correctly):

1. cd to the include directoy where curses.h is located
2. type 'mkdir ncurses'
3. type 'cd ncurses'
4. type 'ln -s ../curses.h .'

I don't think we ever decided if it was a Slackware config problem or just
that ncurses is moving the location of its header file.  As a note, it
compiles with no such changes on Red Hat (unless our sys admin had changed
things <g>).