Re: LYNX-DEV `_curses_style', `_displayStyles' not defined

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV `_curses_style', `_displayStyles' not defined
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 23:56:15 +0000 (GMT)

Nelson Henry Eric wrote...

> I'm trying to build lynx2-6 on sunos4.1.3/ncurses-1.9.9e/gcc-2.7.2.
[snip]
> When linking there is a fatal error; ld complains about the following
> two being undefined:
> `_curses_style', `_displayStyles'.  I could only find these in Rob's
> patch, but I couldn't figure out what to do about it.  Thanks for any help.

Sounds like CS isn't being defined somewhere - those two are in LYCurses.c
wrapped in #if defined(CS) which should be defined in the top level makefile.

If you have got it in the top level makefile (my patch only puts it in
for linux-ncurses-color because that's the only one I compile for...), then
try defining it at the top of LYCurses.c.

If *that* still doesn't work, then send me a diff of the files you're trying
to compile (against the plain lynx2-6) and I'll see if I can figure out where
the problem is occuring and how to fix it.
--
Rob Partington - address@hidden - address@hidden
;