Re: LYNX-DEV SSL Patch problem

From: ELCHONON EDELSON
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL Patch problem
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 19:34:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Thom Hodge wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Chad Simmons wrote:
>
> > HI Im tring to compile lynx2-6 on linux 2.0.something with
> > lynx2-6.1028.all I succesful patched the makefile. I got sslref2.0,
> > RSAREF, and Libdes(I didnt compile them for 2 reasons a) I couldnt get it
> > to compile, and b) lynx just needs the code to compile in right?) When I
> > compile with 'make linux-ncurses' I get '/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot
> > open -lssl: No such file or directory' This is supposted to be a flag
> > right?
> > Any help would be appriciated,
> > Chad Simmons
>
> I had a similar problem with linux 1.3.20, and fixed it by replacing the
> line
>
>       SSL_LIBS= -lssl -lcrypto
>
> with
>
>       SSL_LIBS= /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcryto.a
>
> in the lynx2-6/Makefile, where /usr/local/ssl/lib/ was the path to the SSL
> libraries.
>
> Thom Hodge

Err... correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like this
Mr. Simmons is saying that he DID NOT compile the ssl or des
libraries, because  he seems to be under the impression that
lynx only needs whatever include files and hooks are needed.

You DO have to compile the libraries if you are trying to link
to them, no?

--Elchonon             0 0
|Elchonon Edelson      \_/                    <address@hidden> |
| Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. |