Re: LYNX-DEV Re: is lynxrp.zip working /slang and color choices

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: is lynxrp.zip working /slang and color choices
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 13:18:43 +0900 (JST)

> Well, I'm not sure of specifics about the WWWlib/5, but the use of
> autoconf, even to create makefiles, does not necessarily mean that GNU
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This has certainly been true in my experience on unix/sunos4.

> own makefiles.  It's true that various makes support different options,
> and GNU make supports many options not supported by others, but it seems
> that autoconf will work with more than GNU make provided the make is
This also is most certainly true.  The only point of my comment that
started this mess was that some _syntax_ may not be handled by all makes.
It should come to light pretty quickly which functions cannot be handled
by older makes, and it should be fairly easy to make adjustments.  I'm
not going to `claim' this, but autoconf might increase the number of people
updating their binaries.  __Henry
;
;