LYNX-DEV userdefs.h is half the installation manual

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV userdefs.h is half the installation manual
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 08:49:34 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden

        I am trying to install lynx2-6 on a IBM RS6000, and I
  have no access to the user/local/lib directory, so I would like
  to know in which directory the file lynx.cfg is called, so that I
  can change the directory from which it is called to another
  directory which I have permission to write in.

You will find you can browse the userdefs.h file from the vanilla
Lynx 2.6 distribution at the Lynx Enhanced Pages under "Some
Documents from the 2.6 distribution."

An excerpt from the comments in this file is:

 * LYNX_CFG_FILE is the location and name of the default lynx
 * global configuration file.  It is sought and processed at
 * startup of Lynx, followed by a seek and processing of a
 * personal RC file (.lynxrc in the user's HOME directory,
 * created if the user saves values in the 'o'ptions menu).
 * You also can define the location and name of the global
 * configuration file via an environment variable, "LYNX_CFG",
 * which will override the "LYNX_CFG_FILE" definition here.
 * You can use '~' in either or both definitions if you want
 * lynx.cfg treated as a personal configuration file.  The
 * -cfg command line switch will override these definitions.
 * You can pass the compilation default via the Makefile.
 *

Al Gilman

Refs: Lynx Enhanced Pages can be found via a link at
http://lynx.browser.org/

Quips: Dave, your English is no problem.  Here I'm a native
speaker and see how woefully I write.
;
;