LYNX-DEV ISO: Help patching lynx

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV ISO: Help patching lynx
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 17:27:15 -0500

Okay, I need someone to _email_ me to help straighten out what to do here.
The reason I need email is because the last time or two I have posted to the
newsgroup, I don't seem to have seen a reply anywhere.

Here's what I want to achieve.

I want to take the original lynx 2.6 source.  I want to patch up the
bugs in the source.  I want to add the style sheet capabilities, as
well as the imagemap support.  I want to apply the SSL patches.  And I
want to apply the xterm patches.  I _think_ that's the majority of the
patches in which I am interested.

Now, the trouble comes in two parts.  I know there are two sets of bug
replacement modules - Fote's and Hiram's - though it's my understanding
that Hiram's _may_ be a superset, or at least a copy, of Fote's.  And
there's the Klaus Weide patches to DIRED as well as the patch to make
links dynamically allocated.  I also know when I look at RP's directory
for style sheets, there are two patch files - one that says style
sheets, and one which says ncurses style sheets.  I also know there is
the set of replacement modules Fote mentioned recently and some patches
for xterm mouse control and the replacement imagemap.c file.

It seems to me that if I can figure out the order to do things, and to
figure out what to do if some of the above touch the same modules, that
I should end up with a source directory that should compile things.

Has anyone stepped thru all of this?  Could someone who has help me
figure out the right order of steps?
;