Re: LYNX-DEV How do I download the results of a SUBMIT

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I download the results of a SUBMIT
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:56:27 -0500 (EST)

Tom Zerucha <address@hidden> wrote:
>I have a page with a submit button, and I want to save the source of the
>next screen to a file.  How can I do that with Lynx

        The 'd'ownload command does not work on the submit button,
because while the FORM is being displayed it's still just an INPUT
field.  You must submit the form, then go to the History Page and
use the 'd'ownload command there (for the top link), as you also
should to 'd'ownload the currently displayed document.

        The code for the History Page handles the situation rationally,
which can't be done adequately with a forward link to a particular
FORM field, due to the way form handling was designed originally.

                                Fote