Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.4.2 Bug? </option>

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.4.2 Bug? </option>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:24:59 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Nathan J Kurz wrote:

>  Some of our forms don't work with Lynx 2.4.2. They get a "Bad HTML"
>  message.  It's caused by the "</option>" tags we are using in
>  "<select>" lists.  As best as I can tell from the HTML spec,
>  "</option>" is optional but legal.

You are correct.  OPTION is a container tag and /OPTION is optional (no
pun intended).

>  Lynx 2.3.7 BETA has no problem with this.  I haven't tried Lynx 2.5,
>  but thought this was worth mentioning to the developers.

Keep in mind that 2.4.2 is an old version, and 2.3.7 beta is even that
much older.  They really can't cope with much of what is found on the web
today.  The current version is 2.6, and you should really consider
upgrading in order to have access to much more of the web.

> ps. address@hidden as listed in the source no longer works

That's because lynx development is no longer being done at UKans.  The
lynx development e-mail address is address@hidden (as you've discovered)
and the main archive for info about lynx and where to get the sources can
be found at http://lynx.browser.org/.