Re: LYNX-DEV CGI redirection problems

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CGI redirection problems
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 18:23:06 -0500 (EST)

John N. Underwood wrote:

> I have a CGI program which makes use of redirection. In versions of lynx
> prior to v2.6, this seemed to behave as I expected. However, with v2.6,
> the behavior has changed.
>
> If a CGI with redirection is accessed via a link/href, then lynx is sent
> to the specified URL just fine. But when accessing the CGI via POST
> method, if lynx detects redirection, it displays this message:
>
>    WWW: Redirection for POST content. Proceed? (y/n)
>
> If I say 'n', then lynx remains on the same web page. Ok, fine. If I say
> 'y', lynx seems to try to post the form data to the specified URL.
> However, in my CGI, this URL is a normal web page, not something that can
> accept POST data.

If the URL you're redirecting "is a normal web page, not something that can
accept POST data" why do you use POST? You should use GET instead.

By the way, with the 11/13 modifications of Foteos Macrides Lynx 2-6
prompts:

Redirection of POST content. P)roceed, see U)RL, use G)ET or C)ancel

If you press G Lynx will get the page using GET. And your page will be
correctly displayed.

Ismael