LYNX-DEV Lynx reference desk by Excite Search

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx reference desk by Excite Search
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:20:01 -0500 (EST)

                           Re: LYNX-DEV ftp uploads?
     * From: address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal))

  Larry,

  Our site, [9]http://www.slcc.edu/, has a search engine that should provide
  search capabilities for all the standard Lynx 2.6 distribution help files.
  The search engine is Excite's (the internet search service!) EWS (Excite for
  Web Servers) which is both good and free! It does a context search so you
  can even get matches that DON'T include the words typed in.

I really like this idea.  I think that to make the reference
librarian function really effective, we need more of the
documents under its local search, however.  I did a search for
"proxy" and only got very brief stuff about the user commands.
Essentially the pages that Subir has put up, the list mail,
together with a searcher set up much like yours.

Al Gilman

;
;