LYNX-DEV Multiple bookmark file support

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Multiple bookmark file support
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 19:21:48 -0500 (EST)

        OK, we got the Unix box running again and I did the zip:

11-29-96
* Numerous additional refinements and enhancements of the multiple bookmark
  support.  Added support for REFRESH and PREV_DOC in the options and bookmark
  menus, and NEXT_PAGE, PREV_PAGE, and ACTIVATE in the bookmark menus or
  prompts.  Expanded the anchor and document structures to keep track of
  different bookmark files in conjunction with VIEW_BOOKMARK, ADD_BOOKMARK,
  and DEL_BOOKMARK commands, to restore the proper bookmark files on reloads
  (overt, or because the cache was dumped for subsequent documents accessed
  via bookmark links), and in conjunction with security-related restrictions.
  Multiple bookmark support can be regulated via MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT,
  BLOCK_MULTI_BOOKMARKS and ADVANCED_MULTI_BOOKMARKS symbols in userdefs.h
  (or as SITE_DEFS in the Makefile) and lynx.cfg.  The multiple bookmark
  support can be blocked via a -restrictions=multibook command line switch,
  which is also set for -anonymous and -validate.  Prompting or display of
  the bookmark file selection menu occurs only if bookmark files in addition
  to the startup default have been defined (via the B)ookmark command in the
  'o'ptions menu, if mu(L)ti bookmarks has been turned on; the setting and
  definitions can be saved in the .lynxrc file).  Plugged memory leaks in
  the previous implementation of multiple bookmark support.  Added code for
  inserting the current description and filepath for the each bookmark file
  dynamically during rendering. - FM
* Another tweak of attribute order in HTMLDTD.c. - KW

        I updated the lynx.man and lynx.hlp for the new switch, but
the online 'h'elp still needs updating.  The mods affect a lot of
the help files, so I put that off until we're sure the code is stable.
I'm sorry to say that this last rounded of mods involved 33 files.
Sigh...

        Klaus, when you update the charset mods, how about putting out
a complete lynxKW with them.  It's just too complicated trying to piece
it all together, and you should be handling the tweaks until that new
code is stable.

        Also, there are still some DIRED_SUPPORT tweaks outstanding.
I think the problems stem from v2.6 having become RFC compliant and
not doing HTSimplify()'s for absolute paths.  Before that, we were
doing them for everything except gopher URLs, since those by definition
are opaque, and I think the resolving for the Unix file://localhost/blah
URLs depended on it.  In any case, there shouldn't be trailing dot
symbolic elements in the listings, so lets deal with that and be done
with it.  It's too hairy to think through just by looking at the code,
so you or one of the Unix folks will have to finish that up.  I can't
do substantive development on the Unix boxes to which I have access.

                                Fote