Re: LYNX-DEV Is it possible...

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is it possible...
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 22:22:32 -0500 (EST)

Larry W. Virden wrote:

> When using Netscape or Mosaic I notice that I am frequently, though not
> always, told as pages are downloading that the software is at
>
> XXX of YYY bytes
>
> or a percentage, etc.

Lynx already does that but not always. When loading some pages Lynx displays
"Read xxxx of xxxx bytes of data" but when loading some others it displays
only "Read xxxx bytes of data". It seems that it depends on the HTTP server
because the same pages always give the same results. Maybe some servers send
the full length of the document while others don't.

Ismael