Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with 12/08 lynx2-6mods

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with 12/08 lynx2-6mods
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 20:22:56 -0500 (EST)

Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>I'm having some problems with the 12/08 lynx2-6mods on Solaris 2.5 and
>FreeBSD. Both compile correctly but when run both crash. It's not a need of
>"make clean" because since I don't have enough space to keep lynx2-6.zip
>every time I compile a new lynx2-6mods I also download lynx2-6.zip. On
>Solaris 2.5 Lynx crashes when reading my start file, which is my bookmarks
>file. Here's what gdb reports:
>[...]

        I love your detailed bug reports!!!!  But that one was as simple
typo that Klaus caught, and is fixed:

12-09-96
* Added an HTSetPresentation() for image/x-xbitmap in HTInit.c when DISPLAY
  is set. - FM
* Added an LYOutOfMemory boolean that is set by the outofmem() macro, and
  code in the Unix FatalProblem() and VMS exit handler for reporting the
  memory exhaustion instead of the misleading "bug" message when they are
  invoked due to memory exhaustion.  May not be reported reliably for
  linux, because for some reason I don't understand, the SIGBUS trapping
  is ifdef'ed out for linux in LYMain.c. - FM
* Fixed typo in the new LYAddVisitedLink() in LYHistory.c of yesterday's
  mods. - KW

                                Fote