Re: LYNX-DEV SSL, Lynx & US Law

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL, Lynx & US Law
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:11:47 -0500 (EST)

Check out www.efc.ca/pages/doc/crypto-export.html

If you have ever seen the story "Chrome Pistols" on The Fifth Estate, you
might get the idea what can happen.

In brief, Canadian law says that if something is exported from the US to
Canada under ITAR, Canadian Citizens are bound by the same restrictions.

Now the question is whether or not the Canadian government is going to
worry about it.

When it is out of my hands, it is out of my control, and I can't enforce
promises.

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;