Re: LYNX-DEV Compile error in HTTCP.C

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compile error in HTTCP.C
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 18:37:49 -0500 (EST)

"David L. Watson" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I down loaded the LYNX2-6FM.ZIP file dated 7-JAN-1997, and when I did the
>build I got the following errors.  All other modules compiled OK.
>
>+++++++++++++++
>
>$ cc [-.Implementation]HTTCP.c
>           status = connect(*s, (struct sockaddr*)&soc_address,
>                            sizeof(soc_address));
>[...]

        Second 9-JAN-1997 v2.6FM update:

01-09-97
* Ugh!  The distribution zip still had the Nov 4, 1996 HTTCP.c instead of
  the one I modified on Christmas.  No wonder people were still reporting
  the wrong messaging with -DNSL_FORK.  The right HTTCP.c is in there
  now. - FM
* Mods to resolve the HREFs for LINKs with REV="made" or REV="owner"
[...]

        I don't see any difference that could account for your problem,
though.  You'll need to give some substantive information concerning your
version of VMS, compiler, and TCPIP package before I could venture a
guess, though it looks like some header didn't get included, such that
the problem might actually be in tcp.h.

                                Fote