Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, slang, & term size

From: David Ellement
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, slang, & term size
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:22:29 -0800

Foteos Macrides wrote:
> >Can Lynx w/ slang use a term size other than 80x24?  If so, what do I need
> >to do different when I compile or run it?
>
>       The slang library has it's own functions for getting the screen
> rows and columns, and rechecks them every time a page is drawn, in case
> there was a screen size change.  Lynx simply uses the values which the
> slang library returns, and can't do otherwise.  First, be sure you have
> a current version of the slang library...

I'm using the most recent version of slang: 0.99.38.  Besides Lynx, I've
also compiled slrn and mutt with the same slang library.  Both slrn and
mutt use the full term size, whatever it happens to be.  It is only Lynx
that is not getting the information it needs.

What must I do different, either when I compile Lynx, or when I run it, to
get it to use the full term size?

--
David Ellement                         | Hewlett Packard
Internet: address@hidden          | San Diego Division, MS 8-90