Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion for post lynx 2.7 development

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion for post lynx 2.7 development
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:58:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

: Take for example two recent features that have been added; the
: handling of post vs get form requests and cookies.
:
: The potential benefits are quite important.  However, the amount of
: interaction that the user is required now to provide is
: significantly increased.  I have to expect that for naive users,
: this is going to become increasingly difficult to determine how to
: respond.

What if Novice users had things managed for them?  In the GET/POST
case, chances are they don't know what's what and just want the thing
to work, and chances are, switching to GET will make it work.  I think
something similar could be worked out for cookies and other
situations.  Novice users could go along merrily, and move up after
finding out what they're missing, or find out after moving up.

Bill
--
William Denton : address@hidden     <-- Please note new address.
Toronto, Canada                   <-- I'm not at io.org any more.