Re: LYNX-DEV: blind users & difficult-lynx

From: BLINUX Documentation Project
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: blind users & difficult-lynx
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 19:58:42 +0000 (GMT)

aloha, laura!

>While you're at configuring for special needs, I like numbered_links
>and -show_cursor, but also need colors redefined...

could you please take a look at the blind-user default .lynxrc and
lynx.cfg files located at:

        http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/defaults/.lynxrc
        http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/defaults/lynx.cfg
and     http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/defaults/lynx2-6FM/lynx.cfg

and let me know what additions you would make to the defaults to enhance
lynx use for low vision users?

by the way, i like the idea of making numbered links the default, simply
because it makes sense...  if someone is appalled or annoyed by the
numbered links, they are likely to check the documentation to find out how
to turn the damn things off, but how can we expect net novices to turn
them on themselves when they don't have the slightest clue that such an
option exists?

gregory.

           Gregory J. Rosmaita, address@hidden or address@hidden
                        http://leb.net/blinux
                        ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux
                        ftp://leb.net/incoming/blinux
  electronic archivist and webmaster for The BLINUX Documentation Project