Re: LYNX-DEV mailto: and title="bug"

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV mailto: and title="bug"
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:03:50 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Eli's redistribution point) wrote:
>Fote wrote:
>>         That's a case where the tack-on kludge makes sense:
>>         mailto:address@hidden
>>         mailto:address@hidden
>
>Could a tag using TITLE be internally converted to that format?
>Becuase if I put that inot my web pages, lots of other browsers
>will silently break.

        That would be a Lynx-specific hack, so I'm not keen on doing
it for the v2.7 "official release".  What you could do to yield different
URLs but still be valid according to RFC1738 is include an RFC822
conformant comment (in the field for a personal name):

[...]
<link rev=made
      href="mailto:address@hidden(Elijah%20Secret)"
      title="Comment about erotica">