LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:31:55 -0800 (PST)

I've been at it most of the day, Usenet posts have gone out (and seem to
have propogated to the larger sites), I've informed Dave Garaffa of
browserwatch of the release.  All the people maintaining ftp/http archives
of the sources/binaries should have received mail from me about the new
version as well (some of them aren't on Lynx-Dev).  I've updated the "Lynx
links" pages to reflect the new release as well.

I think most publicity angles have been taken care of and the binaries
are coming in (and sites carrying sources are being updated).  There's
already been a lot of interest in numerous newsgroups about the new
version.

I guess we should all be thanking Fote and everyone else who worked on the
new release, meditating for a couple of days and then come back to hash
out the plan of action for Lynx 3.0.  I do think we should all think
calmly about 3.0 and what it should be moving towards for a while, then
discuss it. But right now celebrations are in order!

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.7  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
                -- Albert Einstein

;
;