Re: LYNX-DEV Change LYNX Colors?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Change LYNX Colors?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:35:09 +0900 (JST)

> Network.  A color version of LYNX (v2.6) is installed.
> I would like to change the default colors.  How can I
> do this?

Modify the settings in your configuration file, lynx.cfg.  If your
lynx is compiled with slang and not the character styles modifications,
then redefine the `COLOR:0:green:black' ( 0 to 7, although 3 and 7
have no meaning ) lines.  If your lynx has color by virtue of Rob's
styles patch, then define the attribute and colors for each element, e.g.,
`STYLE:B:normal:brightgreen:black'.

If you do not have a file named `lynx.cfg' in your home directory,
then you need to copy the system one (or one from a standard distribution)
to your $HOME directory, and then point lynx to it when you start up
lynx.  You can find the system one(s) with a command like:
        csh% find / -name lynx.cfg -print.
In your .cshrc (or .profile) make an alias for your command line, something
like: "alias lynx    '.lynx/lynx -cfg=.lynx/lynx.cfg -color'" (without the
double quotes, but with the single quotes).  (The `-color' is for the
slang-linked lynx.  You may also use `setenv COLORTERM'.)  To find the
many command line options, enter /path/to/lynx/lynx -help.

If you can't have a lynx.cfg, then harangue your system administrator
or find a more sympathetic provider.

__Henry
;
;