LYNX-DEV 2.7 showinfo buglet

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2.7 showinfo buglet
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 00:34:51 -0600 (CST)

This is what the info on the '=' screen in 2.7 looks like, for a page that
is the result of a POST request:

   Post Data:
execute=review&list=PRCS-LIST&address@hidden
   Post Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Source view shows this line

<xmp>execute=review&amp;list=PRCS-LIST&amp;address@hidden</xmp>

This is what it looks like with 2.6:

   Post Data: execute=review&list=PRCS-LIST&address@hidden
   Post Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

where the source has

<dt>Post Data: execute=review&amp;list=PRCS-LIST&amp;address@hidden

The trivial "fix" is to change

into

but I am not sure whether the XMP was introduced for some good reason I
don't know.

(The immediately preceding line should probably be changed to

        LYEntify(&Address, TRUE);

since post content can contain '<' and '>' -
they would be escaped for application/x-www-form-urlencoded but
probably not for multipart/form-data.)

   Klaus

;
;