Re: LYNX-DEV Attempt to build for Mklinux

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Attempt to build for Mklinux
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 23:02:01 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Jonathan Vafai wrote:

> I am trying to build Lynx for my Mklinux system.
>
> I tried doing a make for 'generic' and for 'linux' but both failed wit the
> following error:
> LYCurses.h:57: curses.h: No such file or directory

This is your real problem.  Assuming that ncurses has been ported over to
mklinux, try doing a 'make clean' followed by a 'make ncurses'.  I assume
that if ncurses has been ported, it will probably reside in its new
location and you'll get a similar error message.  Probably your first task
will be to locate curses.h and/or ncurses.h.  You can use the find
command to do this: 'find / -name curses.h -print' (or ncurses.h)

> I am really interested in getting Lynx 2-7 to work for Mk.  The last
> version of the binary that has been going around is 2.5.  I wish I knew the
> person who compiled that b/c it would probably make my life easier.

I'm sure it's simply a matter of pointing the targets at the right
curses.h, and then you can have 2.7 up and running. :)  If you need any
more help, I'll do what I can.