Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:07:02 -0600

Bruce Toews writes:

Hi. My system administrator is having difficulty compiling the latest
version of Lynx. The server is running Solaris 2.5, and it comes with Lynx
2-4-2, which is, of course, horrendously out of date. I'm trying to help
out in any way that I can. Can you provide either a compiled binary or any
information that would be of use to him? Please write to
address@hidden if you can be of assistance. Thank you very much.
<<<<<<

Bruce,

The current development work on lynx is being done largely  on a Solaris 2.4
box, so Solaris 2.5 should compile it easily. Can you describe the problems
being encountered in compiling it? If it compiles, but does not connect to
web sites, you may want to have the admin read the comments and README's
about RESOLVLIB.

What compiler is being used? (gcc or what?)

Failing all else, go to http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/ and look at the "Solaris
Lynx Binaries" page, where a Solaris 2.4 compiled version of Lynx 2.7 is
availible for downloading.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,