Re: LYNX-DEV secure browser

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV secure browser
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 16:55:53 +0100 (BST)

> A question from one of my users: does Lynx have or plan to have
> a "secure" capability ?

It has

>      * a [7]secure browser that supports 128 bit encryption, no cache and
>        Secure Socket Layer (SSL).

Yep.  You can find one on http://shadow.cabi.net/ - however if you are a
US citizen you must rebuild the SSL library it uses with RSA encryption
disabled or RSAREF used. If you use RSAREF you cant use it for commercial
purposes.

Outside of the USA this problem doesn't generally exist except for france

;
;