Re: pubLynx reinstated LYNX-DEV

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: pubLynx reinstated LYNX-DEV
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:29:07 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Foteos Macrides said:

>       As far as the LYNXDOWNLOAD: spoof is concerned, for public access
> sites which don't want the entire set of fotemods, they can just swap:
>
>       http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/lynx2-7-1/src/LYDownload.c
>
> into the vanilla v2.7.1 code set.  You can't also swap in LYMainLoop.c,
> so you won't get all the other niceties, but just the LYDownload.c swap
> will block the LYNXDOWNLOAD: spoof completely.

Is there anything more that Sailor needs to know about to recompile and
re-instate g)o-to service at their public site?  Or is that too broad
a question?

My first reaction was "this description of the fix belongs in the FAQ"
and my second reaction was "or is there a more complete description
of the problem response somewhere else?"

--
Al Gilman
;