LYNX-DEV new temp handling patch

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV new temp handling patch
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:38:57 -0500

I feel better conceptually about this one than the other two, but I
haven't had much time to test it.

CHANGES.temp entry follows.

I'm uploading this to http://csociety.ecn.purdue.edu/~sergent/lynx/
this time.  The fix-v2 directory or the fotemods--fix-v2.patch are
appropriate.  This is relative to the fotemods.zip from yesterday,
although the patch ought to apply on today's zip (maybe just a few
line shifts but patch can usually handle those).

Apply this with:
gzip -dc fotemods--fix-v2.patch | patch -p1

I'm running short on disk space at io.com and it's unlimited for me
on csociety (lots of disk plus I'm the sysadmin) so this is only
available on csociety.

--jss.

1997-07-15: fix-v2

Changed approach to my first idea of making tempname() three-argument.
An extension is the third argument.

Setting the third argument to NULL (or 0) makes it assume ".html";
otherwise pass extension including leading dot (well you can leave
off the dot but then you get filenames like L123450gif instead of
L123450.gif which isn't very nice).

It does the spoof checking (and file creation) on this file only.

Changed all tempname() calls accordingly.  I had to change some
non-UNIX stuff to fit this model.  I think I did it right.  If
this blows up on VMS and it seems hard to fix, I'll ifdef in the
old tempname and related code for non-UNIX, but I think this
approach is cleaner.  The only place where this may be a
"disadvantage" is in LYPrint.c where temp file numbers won't
be reused any longer.  The real problem was assuming that the same
temp number would work for LPIDnn.txt and LPIDnn.html, which might
not be the case, and it didn't seem worth the trouble.

Also fixed bug in compressed file handling (not HTCompressed, but
just after the decompression command got activated in HTFWriter.c).

Also fixed problem with Makefile from the last diff. (I copied a new
one over and incorrectly changed it before diffing...)

Again, I probably broke things, but I don't think I have!  Please
let me know what you can dig up.

;
;