Re: LYNX-DEV win32-lynx problem under WinNT 4.0

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV win32-lynx problem under WinNT 4.0
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 14:40:33 +0100 (BST)

> The only thing displayed in the Lynx dos box is
> the 'Commands...' bit down. The rest of the
> screen is grey.  I've tried quite a number of

This happened when I tried the version that works on my office NT 4 on the
NT 4 belonging to the network manager.  The suspicion was that it was to
do with the use of a 25 line window on a much larger logical "DOS" mode
screen, and that Lynx was displaying off the top of the displayed window.

You will probable find that most DOS derived programs assume 25 lines,
whereas Lynx comes from a world where you shouldn't make assumptions
about the nature of the terminal.

Unfortunately I couldn't interest him in a non-GUI tool, tainted with
Unix associations :-(, so I never got to confirm this.
;
;