LYNX-DEV lynx-386 filename problem

From: Gary Turner
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx-386 filename problem
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:32:39 GMT+1200

Hi there,

I have found a problem in the 386+ version of lynx, which I just
downloaded from fdisk.com (exe dated last month? ). I am running it
under dos 6.22 on a '486.

The problem relates to (certainly) printing and (possibly)
downloading and saving html files. Lynx tries to create a temporary
file, but it is not a valid dos filename, and bombs. I set up a batch
file with a 'echo %1' line in it as a print method to test it, and it
is trying to print a file c:\tmp/L128981TMP.txt (c:\tmp is my tmp
environment variable )

As you can see, there is a mix of forward and backward slashes, and
the temp file name is greater than 8 letters.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there a fix for it?
--- Gary Turner

Industrial Research Ltd,      Work: +64-4-569-0444 x 4220
P.O.Box 31310,                 Fax: +64-4-569-0754
Lower Hutt,  (NZST : +1200)   Home: +64-4-475-8844
New Zealand.              Internet: address@hidden
;
;